Food wise, that is. Gabrielle has finally started to eat rice and potatoes. Everything has to be covered with gravy but at least she's moved on from only eating pasta, bread and chips.
Tonight was another breakthrough for all 3 of them. A few days ago we went to a Chinese buffet on the compound next door and I had some steamed fish which was delicious. I managed to convince Zachary to try some and he asked for more so tonight I thought that I'd try and replicate the recipe. I dragged down my Tefal steamer which hasn't been used in over a year, made up a dressing of soy, sesame oil, rice wine and fish sauce, sliced some garlic and ginger and threw it all in the steamer. Success, all 3 asked for more and I hadn't made enough. I went to get more fish out of the freezer so of course by the time it was defrosted nobody was interested any more. I was so relived because I thought that they would all reject the fish. This is huge in our house because of the tension we sometimes have over food. I'm fed up of always eating chicken and beef and the kids refusing to try new things.
Gradually the variety if growing. Compared to other kids they eat a really good selection of food but not enough for my liking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment